Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Our baby has eyelids!!!!

Baby, fetus at 9 weeks - BabyCenter
Well, here we are!  Week 9!  Thankful for 9 weeks of pregnancy.  Praying that I will be able to see the last 31 weeks :)

My belly is getting hard, and I can't bend over without having to "rearrange" my stomach and clothing.  Also, bike riding is becoming a challenge.  I might just stick to walking and climbing at the gym.

Handsome Husband, I think, is becoming a little more fearful about becoming the Handsome Father.  I realize it's different for men.  I've started reading a book about pregnancy from a man's perspective, and it's helping me be more compassionate.  Hopefully.  It's making me WANT to be more compassionate...how's that?

I haven't thrown up in days, and I'm pretty sure I want to eat everything in sight.  Except fake cheese has lost its appeal.  And now it looks yucky to me.  Which is a SUPER shame, because my mom and dad stocked up on cheese.  Pasta I can do again.  And I could eat pizza every single day of my life.

Tonight Kristi is bringing over cheese steaks, and I may just float up to the ceiling.  I can taste them now... mmm....  this is WAY better than puking.  Also, she doesn't know yet, so sweatpants and sweatshirts for me, once again :)

We're leaving for RI in a few short days.  Today I got in the memory books to give to Tom and Cathy and the baby Red Sox books to give to Dan.  So now to iron, wash, and pack, and then we'll be all set.

In other news...we meet SB in just a few days :)  I'm hoping for an ultrasound.  I'm hoping for a heartbeat.  I'm hoping to hear him say, "You're out of the scary part."  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Libbie!! I propose you to give a book to your husband so he can get some information about all the steps of pregnancy! I now a really good one I found at amazon.com "What to Expect When Your Wife Is Expanding: A Reassuring Month-by-Month Guide for the Father-to-Be, Whether He Wants Advice or Not"! Maybe it can help him feel like he belong... Maybe it´s that, maybe he feels like he´s apart and reading about pregnancy will give him the confidence he needs! kisses, wish you all the happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Camila! Every day we start fresh and every day we try again to learn what we both need to make this work. We figure we'll have it down at LEAST for the next pregnancy! I will mention this book to him and hopefully he'll take the hint ;)

      Delete