Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Doctor's Appointment? Check!

Well, the weekend we've all been waiting for has come and gone.  We have heard SB's heartbeat and it is wonderful :)  However, it's still surreal.  I realize that I'm puking and I realize that my clothing isn't fitting well anymore...but it hasn't REALLY hit me that there's a new life growing inside me.

And Andy?  Well.  Something is wrong with him.  He's NOT adjusting well, and I don't know why.  He seems to feel his needs aren't being met, maybe?  All weekend up in RI, people were telling me to sit down.  Put my feet up.  Don't bother with that.  Just relax.  And then we get home and everything changes again.  I'm a self sufficient person- I am.  But I like to be catered to, just sometimes.  It's fine- I CAN do stuff on my own.  But at least give me the opportunity to refuse your help.

And his comments are SO biting.  "I don't see why you're throwing up ALL the time."  "I'd cook for myself, but I can't even cook anything without you puking.  I should just move out for the next three weeks."  "Maybe I'll help you once you're too big to move."

Who IS this man?

And I try not to cry in front of him.  But sometimes I can't help it.  He's just so MEAN.

I don't mean to speak ill of my husband, I really don't.  But I just don't know what's wrong with him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'm done with that.

Everyone was really excited up in RI!  Even Dan, which was a big surprise to us.  He was already telling us what our baby HAD to like.  Even if it's a girl.

And of course Cathy was crying and hugging and kissing my belly!  (It's funny to have people kissing your belly when it's not really showing, just fat...Here!  Kiss my fat!)

I'll have videos of those reveals later.

AND we told the Dunn's last night.  I gave Alyssa the pictures and said that if she could guess what they were of, she would get a big surprise.  So she flipped the picture over and looked at our ultrasound, and said, "It's a baby in a belly."  And then her eyes got REALLY big, as it hit her... and I said, "It's a baby in MY belly!  I'm the mommy!"  So she just started running around from room to room!  And then she waved her hand in front of my face and was like, "Libbie?  Is that really you?!"  Oh my goodness, it was TOO GREAT!  And Alex was excited in his own calculated way.  At night they both prayed that it was a boy/girl respectively, of course.  It was wonderful, and I think just what we wanted.  :)

Tonight we tell my nan, and the excitement continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment