Friday, August 9, 2013

There's a Monster in my Dining Room


Well THIS thing showed up last night.  Around 10PM, a white van pulled up to my house and a man deposited this into my hands and then left.  I sat it in the dining room and then stared at it.  My husband wrapped his arms around me and our son.  The blue bag has a five day dose of steroids that's supposed to just knock the pain and numbness in my leg clear out of the park.  A nurse will come administer it for the next five days- it will take about an hour every dose.

"I don't want to do this.  I don't want to have this."

"I know,"  Andy replied. "But what other choice do we have?"

"I can rewind time to Monday when I thought this was just a pinched nerve."

"No, no you really can't."

The few people I have told now look at me with sad puppy eyes.  EVERYONE apoligizes, like they feel guilty (but secretly glad it's not them.)  "I have MS."  "Oh!!!  Libbie I'm SO SORRY!"

And everyone wants to know how they can help.

"Well, how 'bout you reach in my brain and make all the spots go away?"

I'll be strong as soon as I'm not so sad.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment