Monday, September 10, 2012

A Sweet Surprise

Since it will be our 3 year anniversary on Wednesday, September 12th, Andy and I decided to celebrate on Saturday evening (since he works retail, he has to work over night on our actual anniversary...bummer.)  Here we are, three years ago:


 
 
I seriously don't know who those puppies are in that picture.  Truth is, that's not actually my husband and I.  I just copied and pasted those pics from a random clip art page.  ...or that's how it seems anyway.  With everything that we've been through in the past few years, I feel more grown up than most people married for three years.
 
Oh, and as an added bonus?  September 7th marked our 10 year anniversary as a couple.  So check out THIS picture:
 
 
 
This was only the second time Andy and I had ever met.  See my ring around his neck?  He wore it all the time, until it was frayed.  It's still around!  Somewhere...
 
So we went to this really amazing place called FENZ, and I had meatloaf and mac and cheese.  Yeah, at this five star dining establishment.  But it was wildly amazing.  And this very attractive lady was a table away from us, which I didn't think about more than, "Wow, she's very attractive."  And she came up to me and said, "YOU are a very beautiful pregnant lady."
 
I was literally in tears.
 
My husband said, "I tell you that every day!"  I said, "But from a stranger, somehow it's different."  What a lovely gesture that I hope to pass on someday.  I love random acts of kindness.  Especially when they're directed at me :)  That was my sweet surprise.
 
It's funny how words can help or hurt.  I was at a 31 Party on Thursday of last week and one of the ladies had their chair out a little far.  I said, politely, "Can you excuse me?  I need to inch by you here."  And you know what she said, "Honey, have you looked in the mirror lately?  You're not inching anywhere."  Mmhhmm.  To which her daughter smartly replied, "Mom, have YOU looked in the mirror lately?"  Wow, just so rude of that women!  Just move your chair, for goodness sakes.  There's not a person in the room who doesn't know I'm pregnant!
 
Same party.  Different woman.  "Oh my sister tore so badly!  She tore from her vagina right to her ass hole!"  Seriously?  That was something you NEEDED to say.  And it didn't scare me, but it was vulgar and crass and just unnecessary.  The party lady, who I am good friends with, just sort of gave me this cat-that-ate-the-canary smile and I soon left.
 
Words are insane.  Use yours wisely.  I know I'll be using mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment