Monday, July 16, 2012

You and me and the baby makes THREE!

One of the questions it has in my little baby diary I've been filling out at home is, "When you close your eyes, what do you see about your baby?"  And maybe I've blogged about this before, but it's my blog and I can repeat myself if I want to.

I have this amazing image of Andy and myself and the baby, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, all bundled up on our sofa.  Explaining to him who everyone is...covering his little baby ears during the teeny-bopper, auto-tuned singers performances...tearing up a little when Santa comes on the screen, because we always do.  And then Thanksgiving lunch (this year at my parents, thankfully, because I LOVE having it at my house, but it might be just too much) and having the baby at the table with us...he'll only be a month or two old, but, it's fine.  And I have this little outfit for him!  Khaki pants and a long sleeved, oxford shirt (yellow and blue!) with a pair of little boat shoes :)  Oh, and a belt.  Thanksgiving is BY FAR my favorite holiday, and just knowing the next one we come to will include our baby boy...it's too much NOT to be excited :)

I've honestly been thinking about Black Friday shopping with him.  I'm not a hardcore, day long shopper.  Maybe enough to see Daddy at Kohls, and run to Michaels to buy some yarn and crafty things.

This weekend I went to a Bridal Shower.  They served salmon.  I couldn't eat the salmon, so they offered to make me chicken.  I don't do chicken.  So it was two salads for me.  I felt SO rude.  Not to mention I had to leave early to make the youth group zip line trip.  I didn't even get cake :(  and to be honest with you, up until the point I turned the corner off my street, it never even occurred to me that I didn't have a gift.  Thank goodness for a CVS that offers cards AND gift cards for other retailers. 

My sister lent me a dress for the shower, and my mom took it up at the straps.  I looked like this :)



Looking at the bottom picture, I'm realizing how much my back is bending.  No wonder it hurts so badly!

I had my 7 month appointment on Friday.  I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow (happy third trimester!) and I was measuring at 32 weeks.  But I've only gained a pound from my pre pregnancy weight ( 10 lbs in all) so I wasn't too concerned.  Looking forward to the gestational diabetes test in the next two weeks...not.  I'm boning up on my fiber, and not missing any metformin, hoping my PCOS doesn't fail me now.  Stupid PCOS.  I mean, what's the worst that can happen?  Well.  If I couldn't eat watermelon...then maybe that's the worst.

In two more weeks I go for my last ultrasound.  I hope we can see his tiny baby face.  I hope he's healthy.  I hope God is smiling on me and my tiny family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment